My Sixteen Quirks

I am only doing this because I have just been woken up after three hours of distrubed sleep, and have nothing else to do with my time then be paranoid and think I have tongue cancer due to excessive drinking.

1. I have this new recent obsession with Jason Mraz. I don't think that in the past two months I've gone a day with out at least listening to one of his songs. (Thanks for the message Christine)

2. Speaking of...I go through musical obsessions. Like this past year...Jonas Brothers, Ryan Adams, Jason Mraz...Yeah. Except Ryan Adams is kind of an always thing. The obsession just slightly inclines whenever he comes out with new music (go get Cardinology.)

3. Two days ago was my one year anniversary from the day that I met the Jonas Brothers. Regardless of the fact that I have absolutely no interest in them (I still like their music), Keemia and I were on the verge of tears.

4. I'm determined that I have insomnia. No, it's not just the fact that I'm a college student. I do indeed have it; it's just undiagnosed. It's right up there with all the other diseases I keep telling myself I have.

5. This year is growing to be the best year EVER. I'm so sincerely happy with all of the new people I've met, and couldn't be more blessed. But for some reason I feel like I'm going about it all wrong. It's college though...why not?

6. My lack of faith this year disturbs the hell out of me. I can't believe how much that portion of me has changed in the span on one year. Sometimes I just feel like a hypocrite when I subconciously say "bless you" whenever someone sneezes. It's not because I've changed, just the fact that I honestly don't know if I believe in God anymore...I'm waiting someone to come and help me believe again.

7. The fact that I consider Milledgeville my home, and my house in Duluth a vacation spot scares me.

8. I've recently stopped caring about school and it scares the shit out of me. Actually, I've stopped caring about a lot. Sometimes I feel like the old me, the boring me from first semester of my freshman year was a lot smarter. But I'd rather not care and have the time of my life then to spend my nights bored as hell and do well. I mean, I'm still managing...that's enough, right?

9. I feel like I'm developing some of the best friends this year. I'm starting to fully agree with the "my friends are better than yours" statement.

10. I try my hardest not to regret anything in life. October was the month of absolute regret for me. That is...if I actually regret, right?

11. I will pretty much remember anything you tell me. Sober or drunk. (I'm not afraid to say that I have one hell of a memory.) However, I let you sit there and repeat your stupid stories over and over again with out any hesitation. I think it's rude to cut people off mid-story to merely tell them that you already know what's going to happen. But people's lack of memory and knowledge utterly angers me. (This applies to about 96% of my friends) - And don't get me wrong, I repeat stories too. But I have no respect for the people who cut me off mid-sentence to tell me that they've heard the story ;)

12. I regret not being an initial fan of Harry Potter. If I'd started reading the books with everyone else my age I would've been able to go through the paranoying 11th year of my life believing that there was a letter on it's way from Hogwarts. Regardless of the disappointment that would've come, I would've gone to the mailbox with hope every day. That hope is all I could've asked for at that age.
But hey, it's not my fault I've never been able to get through the first 4 chapters of the first book!

13. If I ever win the lottery or even come into a small fortune at some point in my lifetime, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie won't know what hit them. So call me materialistic. You won't be saying it after the presents I get you.

14. So watching the UGA v. Tech game this afternoon I saw this Tech football player who was player of the game or something like that. This HUGE guy...who plays football, and still managed to graduate in three years with a degree in managment (my major for those of you who don't know). Now that made me feel like a failure. If he could do it...why is there NO way that I can?

15. I consider myself to be one of the most selfless friends a person can have. I mean honestly...think back. I'm sure there's a good bit of stuff that can come to mind when thinking of times that I put you before myself.

16. I like to smile when I see people in the streets. Not like a creepy smile or anything, but a nice, genuine one. I like to think that it'd make their day just as it makes mine whenever someone does it to me. Now saying "hello" freaks me out. It makes me wonder if I know the person and bothers me throughout the day because I think of various situations where I could have met said person.

0 responses: